Text Size:
Marriage License
Marriage Qualifications
Age 18 and older

Proof of age is required. Drivers license, birth certificate, passport, etc.

Age 16-17

Parental consent of either parent or legal guardian, birth certificate.

Under 16

Under 16, marriage is prohibited in this state except by court order.


Persons divorced in Oklahoma may not marry anyone other than their previous spouse for a period of six months after the divorce decree is filed.

Blood Test

Oklahoma law does not require a premarital blood test.


No residency requirements.


$50.00 license fee or $5.00 if premarital counseling completed. The reduced fee shall apply upon presentation to the Court Clerk of an original certificate of successful completion of a premarital counseling program. The certificate must be an original document, not a copy, and shall state that the named persons have successfully completed the premarital counseling requirements. NO COPIES, FAXES OR EMAILED COUNSELING CERTIFICATES.

The premarital counseling program must be conducted in accordance with Oklahoma Statute 43 O.S. 5.1.

Waiting Period

No waiting period required except for those under the age of 18. If under the age of 18, there is a 72 hour waiting period.

Waived period exception

Written waiver signed by Judge.

Our Downtown Location

Court Clerk
320 Robert S. Kerr, Room 402
Oklahoma City, OK 73102
(405) 713-2239

Downtown office hours for obtaining a Marriage License are Monday thru Friday between 8:00 A.M. and 4:00 P.M., holidays excluded. Open during the lunch hour.

Our Edmond Location

Court Clerk
Downtown Edmond Community Center
28 East Main
Edmond, Oklahoma
(405) 359-4515

Edmond office hours for obtaining a Marriage License are Monday thru Friday between 8:00 A.M. and 4:00 P.M., holidays excluded. Closed for lunch from 12:00 P.M. to 1:00 P.M. PLEASE ARRIVE at least thirty (30) minutes before 12:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m.

Oklahoma County Court Clerk Judges do NOT perform daily marriage ceremonies effective Monday, March 12, 2007.

Ministers' Credentials

By law, those performing marriage ceremonies in the State of Oklahoma must record their credentials with the Court Clerk's Office. Ministers who live outside Oklahoma who desire to perform a marriage ceremony in our State also must file their credentials with the Court Clerk prior to conducting the service. No fee is required.

Search Court Clerk

Marriage License

Department Contacts
Marriage License (405) 713-2239
Ministers' Credentials (405) 713-2239
  • Passport Information
  • Traffic Tickets

    What color is your traffic ticket?
    Traffic Ticket Information
  • Jury Service Information