Bullies and Weapons Community Awareness
What Parents, Schools, and the Community Can Do...
- 8% of students stay home because of fear of bullies.
- 15% of students are bullied regularly.
- 60% of bullies have had or will have a criminal conviction by age 24.
- Bullies often grow up to perpetuate family violence.
- Most victims feel as if they brought the bullying on themselves.
- Students carry weapons because of fear of bullies or think it is the cool thing to do.
- It is against the law to possess a weapon on or around school property.
- Youth will be arrested for having a weapon on school grounds.
C.O.P. Program | Bullies | Weapons
- Teach your children to speak out against bullies, and for schools to become a telling school.
- Incorporate social skills in classroom activities.
- Students exhibiting bullying behavior need to be shown other ways to vent their feelings, or have them speak with a
Oklahoma County |
Text-Only Site |
Oklahoma County Juvenile Justice Center | 5905 N. Classen Boulevard | Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73118
Phone (405) 713-6400