Victim Protective Orders
Victim Protective Orders (VPO) Information
- In order to request a Domestic VPO against someone, that person must have committed an act of physical harm or made the threat of physical harm to you.
- Either you or the person you are seeking protection from must live in Oklahoma County.
- All forms must be completed in BLACK ink.
- You may file during office hours which are Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. However, if you need the petition to be considered by a judge the same day you file, it must be completed and presented to the court clerk's office no later than 3:30 p.m. It generally takes about an hour to complete your forms so plan on arriving before 2:30 p.m. The office closes at 5 p.m., if your forms are not complete at that time you may take them home and return with them the following business day.
- Please do not sign your form before presenting it to the court clerk's office. We must watch you sign the form.
- If you need to include a child or children on your petition for protection you must be their parent or legal guardian. They must be under the age of 18 and they must live with you and you must have legal custody (full or joint.) Please note, a VPO will not determine custody of a child or children, it is simply an order that there be no contact between the parties.
- There is no money due at the time you file your VPO. However, please bear in mind that a Judge may order court costs of $194.14 once your hearing has been held.
You need the following information:
- The first and last name of the person you're seeking protection from.
- A complete current address for the person you're seeking protection from. This can be a complete current work address or a complete current residence address. To become effective, the VPO must be personally served by the sheriff's office.
Helpful Phone Numbers
- Canadian County Court Clerk: 405-295-6301
- Cleveland County Court Clerk: 405-447-0201
- Domestic Violence Hotline: 405-917-9922
- Latino Agency: 405-236-0701
- Legal Aid: 405-521-1302
- Logan County Court Clerk: 405-282-0123
- Oklahoma County Court Clerk VPO: 405-713-1735
- Oklahoma County Sheriff Judicial Services: 405-713-1034 (Call to see if party has been served, or removed from premises if applicable)
- YWCA: 405-948-1770 (VPO Assistance and Other Services)