Duties & Responsibilities
The Election Board is responsible for voter registration and conducting federal, state, county, municipal, and school district elections in Oklahoma County.
Board and administrative duties include:
- Supervising voter registration and maintaining registration records
- Receiving Declarations of Candidacy for county, municipal, and school district elections
- Hearing and deciding contests of candidacy and conducting election recounts
- Printing, testing, and distributing election ballots
- Programming, testing, and maintaining voting devices
- Training and appointing precinct election officials and absentee voting boards
- Locating, surveying and designating polling places
- Conducting mail-in and in-person absentee voting activities
- Anita DeToy, Chairman
- Jim Huff, Vice-Chairman
- Doug Sanderson, Secretary
The Election Board is composed of three members; a Chairman, Vice-Chairman, and Secretary, who are appointed by the State Election Board. The Chairman and Vice-Chairman are nominated by the Oklahoma County Democratic and Republican Party Central Committee, respectively. The Secretary is the administrative officer and supervises staff activities.
Meetings & Agendas
As required by Section 311, Title 25 of the Oklahoma Statutes, the Oklahoma County Election Board holds regularly scheduled meetings.
Election Board Meeting Schedule